Thursday, December 24, 2009

Starting My Colonial Blog

I have lately been thinking more and more about doing some Colonial gaming. So it behooves me to start a blog for it.

Also I needed a place to list just those blogs and websites that are primarily Colonially oriented. Thus, this site will serve that purpose.

As for the title, one of the nicknames that I acquired in college was "Col. Hud" . . . so I decided to revive that non de plume for this blog.

While I sadly had to leave the "mountains" shown in the photo when we left California, I do still have the buildings and palm trees . . . and, of course, the soldiers. (by the way, click on the photo to see a larger version of it.)

The playing surface is covered with crumpled-up ordinary brown wrapping paper . . . which is quite effective. I scratch built the fort and all of the buildings by the way.

Anyhow, while there probably won't be much here for a while, I've now at least got a start.


-- Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    Welcome back to the wonderful world of Colonial wargaming!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. More temptation! Some day (maybe soon) I'll get back into some Colonial gaming, too.

    ReplyDelete